cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Parental Control Setup

Hi

I am a new BT customer and surprised to see such a useless/helpless Parental Control setting or may be I am missing something.

Following are my two requirements which i am unable to set-up.

1. Parental control set-up allows us to restrict either everyone or on one. - It's really frustrating.
  2. Parental control set-up not allowing me to set 10am to 10pm (morning time i want to restrict ) - where as it suspended time range allows only from night time to day time i.e "From" time should be earlier than the 'To' time. - this is again very frustrating and surprised to see how BT is not capable to limit /restrict timings and parents vs child and etc.

Can anyone let me know if i have missed any options or there is a way to achieve point#2 ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Parental Control Setup

The BT Parental Controls are either on or off for your broadband connection and all the devices that connect through that. They can not be set to work on an individual device basis.

The times that you want the BT Parental Controls on or off can be set as per the following link. The "homework" time may be what you are needing to use in order to have them set during the day time.

See link and the sub links.

How to keep your family safe online with BT Parental Controls and the different blocking categories ...

Message 3 of 5

Re: Parental Control Setup

Thanks for your response. but the homework time combination doesnt help (it wont restrict the blocked sites)

My requirement is :

I want to restrict my kids not to use Youtube, facebook and few sites from 11am till 9pm.

How can i achieve this ?

Can you give me a sample or step by step instruction ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Parental Control Timings

How to disable/suspend parental control between 21:00 pm to 09:00am and automatically turn on restriction from 0900am till 21:00pm. currently it's not allowing to set From time 2100 to 0900.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: Parental Control Timings

I do not use parental controls so I am unable to give you any step by step instructions.

What I would say though is that any computer wise teenager will be able to circumvent them without to much trouble so you may find trying to block your children is like pushing water uphill.