cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Parental Control Suspension Timings

Hi,

I am unable to set up parental control timing. I tried to set up parental control suspension between 21:00 - 11:00 (9pm night through 11am morning) every day.

I am getting following error message.  either i am missing something or this tool not fit for purpose.

Please let me know how can i achieve this timing.

venku_babu_0-1625233569038.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Parental Control Suspension Timings

Hi @venku_babu,

Thank you for posting.

When setting up the Parental Controls suspension, the suspension period has to be on the same day.

So in other words if you were looking for the suspension period to start at 21:00 the maximum time it could run would be up until 00:00.

Thanks, 

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the response.

But it's a big flaw in BT parental Control.

It should support any given time range and automatic as the options gives weekdays and weekend.

It doesn't make any sense the time range is only for day time or within the day. for ge ex, how can i set up my time range requirements and how can i achieve ?

Thank you,

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Is there any solution for this fix ?

How this flaw can be fixed ? it's pretty much required to suspend parental control between 2100 to 1100am ?

Any work around suggested ? 

How the current BT users are using the parental control while Virgin Media gives a very good parental control where you can limit/restrict parental control for any given time range ?

Can this be reported to technical team to look into ?

Thank you,

Venkatesh

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi

I think it is some problem with the current version of parental control app.

Please see below the screen shot. I noticed in one of the BT parental set up guide video (may be older) where it allowed the parental control suspension time range between 2100 and 0600.  Please refer below screen shot of BT parental control set up which i took a screen shot for reference.

Can you get this issue to the BT parent control team and get this issue resolved or any work around to achieve my goal.

This is very basic requirement of parent control setting, but i wonder how or why BT doesn't fix this issue till date.

Could you please get back to me at the earliest possible.

venku_babu_0-1626274753310.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hello

Can anyone respond to my query ?

Thank you,

Venkatesh

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Whenever I've setup groups to add my daughters devices to in order to restrict them the device's simply drop out of the groups. So i'm searching for a solution to this too

0 Ratings