cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregor12
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Parental Control

Hello, I can't change the settings of my parental control as it keeps on saying "Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours. Please log in again later to manage your account." and the button which should be on the bottom is not appearing. Because of this I cannot even access facebook webpage. Could someone help me to fix this a.s.a.p ? I would like to switch off the parental control, thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Bobbybox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Parental Control

Hi

In a nutshell you cant!

I am in the same situation, no button to manage the Parental Control settings and complete blackout of all websites except ironically bt.com.

I raised the issue with BT within the hour on Saturday 28th... as of 6pm today (Weds 2nd) no fix in sight.

It appears that the Parental Controls team are an "off-line" team which means you can't speak to them directly (neither can the call agents in India it would appear) your appeal for clemency must be delivered via email or the BT fault system. I can only assume the situation is an almighty c**k up and they are tirelessly battling away to fix it so don't have time to answer their email... and yes i've tried resetting the hub/clearing the cache etc. I'll treat my fault ticket number like a lottery ticket, you never know, just maybe my number will come up.

One redeeming factor of the situation is my daughter beat me at connect 4! (we got the old board games out when the internet stopped working)

Good luck!

BB

0 Ratings
gregor12
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

can anybody help me ???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi gregor12,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with Parental Controls.  Send us over your details and we'll get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
gregor12
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

What kind of details you need from me ? and i am sending this through privet message to you ?

0 Ratings
gregor12
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

I cant see anything else apart from sent privet message under your profile

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Click here https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/130414

Use the link as shown below.

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
gregor12
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

contact the mode link is not visible to me , and I am in the right place

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Whoops, that was my mistake.

Check it there now and you'll see the link.

Robbie

0 Ratings