cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Parental Controls Blocking Websites & Unable to Turn Off

I switched on my BT parental control a couple of days ago and it’s been a nightmare since then, I spent nearly half my work day speaking to BT, I was transferred from one department to the other as none of the people I spoke with could help resolve the issue with the parental control.

Since switching the parental control on unable to access certain websites which are being blocked. I am advised to log in to my account to over-ride this but I get this message:

You are not authorised to manage this Parental Controls service, please contact the account holder.

I log into MyBT and it shows me as the account holder, and my Parental Controls all off - BT have confirmed I am the only account name associated with the account.

These websites are blocked across all my deviced: PC, laptop, iPad and phone.

I see this issue has been reported and dealt with previously in the community so hopefully someone can come to my rescue as it’s quite frustrating!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Parental Controls Blocking Websites & Unable to Turn Off

have you checked web protect is turned off by going to MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes I have. As I said in my text I have spoken to BT support team both technical and all the others I was passed on to. No solution what so ever. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Parental Controls Blocking Websites & Unable to Turn Off

I switched on my BT parental control a couple of days ago and it’s been a nightmare since then, I spent nearly half my work day speaking to BT, I was transferred from one department to the other as none of the people I spoke with could help resolve the issue with the parental control.

Since switching the parental control on unable to access certain websites which are being blocked. I am advised to log in to my account to over-ride this but I get this message:

You are not authorised to manage this Parental Controls service, please contact the account holder.

I log into MyBT and it shows me as the account holder, and my Parental Controls all off - BT have confirmed I am the only account name associated with the account.

These websites are blocked across all my deviced: PC, laptop, iPad and phone.

I see this issue has been reported and dealt with previously in the community so hopefully someone can come to my rescue as it’s quite frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Jay863  sorry you are having a problem with the Parental Controls. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this resolved.

cheers

John

0 Ratings