cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_Info
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Parental Controls - Network level or client?

Hi All,

Having reached my wits end with the parental controls telling me that I am trying to access a DNS outside of the BT network (blocking some sites some of the time) I deleted them to see if re-enabling them fixes the issues.

Unfortunately the parental controls option now seems to have disappeared in my control panel.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I might try to get them back. I moved to BT for this functionality but boy am I regretting it now.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 12 of 15

Parental controls have dissapeared here today. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon.

You are using the BT DNS and not a different one? I believe it gets upset if you use a different domain server.

Richard

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 13 of 15

Parental controls now back on bt.com here.

Richard

0 Ratings
Andy_Info
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Thanks for the reply.

The Parental Controls icon has returned and says "Get started", my having deleted them.

My browser still says "You're seeing this page because BT Parental Controls is active and you are attempting to connect to a DNS server outside of our network.

You may have selected a different server in your network settings or installed an application that uses an alternative service."

My DNS is set to the default IP address of my Home Hub.

Looks like I can't get them to work or get rid of them.

😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bobbybox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Im having exactly the same issue.

I can only access bt.com nothing else. In fact its hit and miss if i can access any https areas of bt.com in particular mybt or myextras etc.

0 Ratings