Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Philtfa
Message 1 of 5

Parental Controls ON but NOT ON

Go to solution

i am being told that my Parental Control is ON and blocking certain sites which indeed it is. I did not turn my parental controls on and furthermore when I log in to my account they are turned off. So what is going on?!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Parental Controls ON but NOT ON

Go to solution

Hi Philtfa,

Welcome and thanks for posting. If you’re still having problems with the conflicting information we’ll need to look into this for you so please send over your details. You’ll get the contact us link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
pnefirst
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I turned on BT Protect and then started getting messages that to my mind were wrong (and seemed to relate to Parental Controls).  I think the two are interlinked (Protect and Parental Controls).  I switched off BT Protect but the messages remained.  I investigated and it all seems to relate to  Rapport - it looks like Rapport and BT Protect don't like each other.

I had great difficulty getting it sorted (via Online Chat etc) but all seems OK now.  I am awaiting feedback from BT about what they did to fix it.

Hope this helps.  Post again if you need more info.

0 Ratings
Philtfa
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I decioded to turn ON my parental controls then turn them OFF. I don't know whether this resolved the issue or whether it was just a co-incidence but all seems to be ok now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

"it looks like Rapport and BT Protect don't like each other."

Its quite easy to fix.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47653/~/i-cant-access-a-number-of-websites-that-ive-p...

Once you have done that, you can turn on parental controls and BT Protect again.

BT Protect does the same as Trustee Rapport, but is effective on all devices, not just on the device that Trustee Rapport is installed on, but only while you are connected to your BT Broadband or BT Wifi connection.

0 Ratings