cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yorkbantam1
Message 1 of 4

Parental Controls Problem removing an Allowed Website

Hi,

This is driving me insane, within my parental controls settings i have two websites that are currently allowed, however i want to remove these which is easy enough to do in the settings and i even get an email notifying me the websites have been removed from my allowed list, great but when i type in the websites addresses on a device i can still get on them??

So i go back into the settings section in the Parental controls and the websites are back in the allowed section even though I've deleted them previously, I've done this over and over again and they just reappear in the allowed list.

I've deleted Parental Controls and started again, I've re-set my Hub, I've waited 2 hours for changes to take effect but nothing gets rid of these allowed websites, of course I've spoken to BT (well about 4 people to be precise) all with no idea how to fix the problem?

When i come off wi-fi and go 4G the websites are blocked and i cannot use them, but this may be a vodafone setting.

Anyone had similar issues, cannot say I'm impressed with BT parental controls at the moment!!

Thanks

Nick 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Parental Controls Problem removing an Allowed Website

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @yorkbantam1 Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums, I'm really sorry to see you're unable to remove the allowed sites from your parental controls filters. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @yorkbantam1 

I've raised this with our Parental Controls team to find out why these websites keep appearing on your allowed list after you have removed them.

I will be back in touch once I receive an update.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings