cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 25

Re: Parental Controls greyed out - terrible customer service!

Go to solution

Hi @Internet-Amy just following on from @RobbieMac's post - I've text you there to confirm when I'll be calling you this evening. If that time no longer suits just text back and we'll take it from there. I've taken over the complaint and we'll be dealing with this from here on in.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Internet-Amy good speaking with you this evening. I have raised this with the relevant team, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Internet-Amy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution
Hi Robbie,

I've been in contact with Stephanie about this issue, I think she's out of office until Monday now.

I logged into My BT today to see if it was fixed, I was met with an option to finally turn on parental controls. Low and behold, I went to turn it on and had the same issue. It says there was an error saving the data and that controls couldn't be activated. The same goes for Web Protect.

It's been weeks since I've had this issue now and I feel like it's getting nowhere.

Can you please forward this on to the tech team dealing with it and let them know that although there's now an option to activate controls, it won't allow me to
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Good Morning @Internet-Amy,

I am sorry to see that it isn't working yet. Before sending this back to the developers I've made a few changes. Can you log into your MyBT and see if you can get into your Parental Controls? If it still isn't working, please send me a screenshot, removing any personal details, and I'll send it to our developers to work out the issue. I'll be here all weekend and on Monday so I can keep Stephanie up to date when she returns.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Internet-Amy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

Just tried it again and it hangs when it's activating, then I'm met with this error as usual.

01.JPG02.JPG

0 Ratings
Internet-Amy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for tagging me @Internet-Amy.

I'll forward this onto the developers and I will let @StephanieG know so she can follow up with you when she's in office tomorrow.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Internet-Amy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@DanielS @StephanieG

Could someone please confirm this is being looked into as a matter of urgency?

Edit: Just saw a message from Stephanie, thanks

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Internet-Amy I'm very sorry for the length of time it's taking to get this issue resolved.

As this case has proven to be very tricky to resolve, I wanted to update your thread and confirm that this is with the product manager of parental controls, and he expects to have an update for us in the next couple of days. 

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Internet-Amy I have just heard back about this fault - it should now be fixed, so you should now be able to activate parental controls. Could you test it again and let me know if it worked?

Thanks

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings