cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supermart2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Parental Controls have never worked

I've been with BT for years, in most respects it has been a very satisfactory service except that the Parental Controls have never worked and I eventually gave up with them.  I recently updated to a superfast fibre service with new hub and socket etc.  I thought I would reactivate the Parental Controls and received an email saying they were working but when I tested I found no site were blocked just as before.   I've tried all the advice on the forums without avail.  

Why is impossible to get this part of the system to work?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Parental Controls have never worked

@supermart2 

Can you confirm that you are using BTs DNS servers and not other ones like Google Public DNS?

0 Ratings
supermart2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

It all goes through the BT hub set up by the engineer when he installed the new kit on March 10

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Please bear in mind that with the current crisis, it could take a long time for one of them to deal with your request.

0 Ratings
supermart2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I appreciate the problem and thanks for your help

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

@supermart2, I'm sorry your parental controls aren't working, there's likely a records issue on one of the systems used to apply the filters. If you reply to the private message I sent you we'll report a fault on these for you.

0 Ratings