cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Parental Controls not blocking anything

Go to solution

Hi,
I am new to forums but thought I would give it a go as I am now getting desperate for a resolution. I moved into my new home on the 15th July and had my broadband (FTTP) connected up on the 26th July. The parental controls have not worked since it was connected. My online account says it's activated, and if I change the filter or settings, I get an email confirmation saying it's been changed but nothing is blocked. I've called BT too many times to count and spoken to tech teams/fault teams and had an engineer come to my property to look at the issue but it's still not resolved. I am using a FTTP Smart Hub 2 which has been factory reset and I have also tried a different Smart Hub 2. I have tried changing the parental control settings on my online account and on the BT app but still nothing is blocked. I have seen other posts with similar issues and have tried the solutions recommended.  My previous address with an older Hub and FTTC worked fine without an issue.
I have 3 children who currently have unrestricted access to all on the web so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Parental Controls not blocking anything

Go to solution

@TantalicSword  While you're waiting for an expert to join in, you might find some helpful suggestions here:

https://www.bt.com/help/security/parental-controls 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
Hi Carlusha, thanks for the advice. I have gone through the suggestions but unfortunately not resolved the issue.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @TantalicSword 

I can help with this and will be in touch, sorry you are having problems! I am sure we can get it working quickly.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

We're having the same issue. We've tried disabling and reenabling the parental filters and we've tried adding specific websites to block but those inappropriate websites are still accessible. Any suggestions for getting the parental controls working?

Thanks!

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Dave,

Mine is working now. DarrenW sorted it out for me. It wasn't anything I could have done my end. It was something technical on BT's side of things. Try messaging Darren for help.

Good Luck.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @TantalicSword,

Thanks for the quick reply! I will see if @DarrenW can work his magic for me as well.

All the best,

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @swedishfish, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that your Parental Controls are not working. Darren may be offline and therefore I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this if needed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @swedishfish,

We have been working on your issue, if you could login to bt.com and activate a new Parental Control service everything should work as expected.

Please post back with your experience after waiting at least 2 hours from creating a new Parental Control service.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks @DarrenW, will give that a try and report back.

0 Ratings