cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Parental Controls - not working - all web content is currently viewable..!!

Parental Controls previously worked fine on my HH5. I wonder if it has somehow switched itself off, as there currently seems to be no restriction on viewable content. (I want it to be restricted)

When I try to log in to BT parental controls to check, I get this...

We are unable to process your request due to technical error.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Parental Controls - not working - all web content is currently viewable..!!

there are numerous posts on this board already about your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks – can you direct me to them? I’ve looked at several, most of which refer to unwanted parental controls (not applicable here), or parental controls which have turned on automatically (again not applicable)

To clarify – i previously had parental controls which was turned on. Now its not, and I cannot get access to see whether the application still thinks it is turned on

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

here is one https://community.bt.com/t5/Apps-and-Extras-from-BT/Parental-controls/td-p/1286773  search will find more

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for that. The final post there (below) is the same problem, although doesnt seem to have been resolved. The other posts on that thread are not quite the same... I wondered if there is an easy fix?

Has anyone found a fix to this i reset my filters applied  and now cannot get back  into manage parental controls as it says "unable to process due to a technical error" been on phone for 2 hours being passed from person to person with no help.

Main problem is controls are now all off

Help welcome

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi cordycordy,

Sorry about that, we'll get this reported for you as we've been advised it should be sorted. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Mods, you've left a few messages for me asking of this is resolved? Sorry, I've not been able to pick up your call, but no... it's still not resolved.Please advise thanks

0 Ratings
cordycordy
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

BT, is there any danger of getting this fixed?

Almost 3 weeks later, and I am still having an issue. I've had a few calls saying it would be passed to a technical team. Still nothing. My issue with parental controls seems to be somewhat different to many others - I can access ALL web content, although I want parental controls switched on as it was previously.

When I log into MyBT to turn it on, it just says it cannot be processed due to technical error. I have tried logging in via various PCs, both at home and other locations - still the same issue. The web page itself wont let me do anything.

No idea whether my HH5 is able to process parental controls or not, as I have not had the chance to try!! (I've seen various comments about DNS etc)

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings