cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Parental Controls stuck on

Hi, the Parental Controls are stuck at “on” with my fibre broadband (they used to work ok but not now) and I can’t turn them off. The odd thing is, on the BT site or app they are showing as off and the only option is to activate them.  I’ve tried this several times to see if it will wake things up but nothing happens. I’ve reset the router as requested when I spoke to BT support but that didn’t work either (lost the will to live after half an hour of trying).  Has anyone had similar problems?  All I can think of is the router had a wobble one day a while back (I had to forget and reconnect the WiFi to get back online) and the parental controls have been stuck ever since. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Parental Controls stuck on

Hi @Jamesjames

It sounds like your Parental Controls are stuck updating our side which is something that I can help with. Reply back to my private message when you can, please. 

Bear in mind, I'll need to speak with you about this, as I'll have to make sure that you are the account holder and not someone else within your household 🙂

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Parental Controls stuck on

Hi @Jamesjames,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I gave you mobile a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you.

I've had an update from the Parental Controls Team. They believe that they've fixed the issue. Please can you log into your My BT at try reactivating the Parental Controls?

Thanks,

Paddy