cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Parental Controls

Hello

My parental controls do not work.

If I switch parental controls off, then I cannot access gaming sites or social media pages.

If controls are on (with light settings) i still cannot access gaming or social media sites unless I add them to the allowed list. Even the xbox is affected, and despite my trying every permutation of xbox.com under the sun on the allowed sites list I still could not get the xbox to work.

My son got a brand new PC, and at first gaming sites worked, but gradually most bizarrely they stopped working.

With two boys in the hosue I had to find a work around and I added OPEN DNS settings to their PCs in order to enable them to play their games. I also added google DNS settings to the xbox to get it to work.

Therefore currently I bypass parental controls with these DNS settings. But I would like to be able to use the BT parental controls.

BT are in contact and so far they told me to reset homework times (Which were off, but I complied, no difference). Now they tell me they are going to re-install my parental settings but I am still waiting to hear back that they have done this.

I have a home hub 5 router connected to boys' PCs by wire, and xbox connects through wifi. I checked the router settings there doesn't seem to be anything going on there.

I don't have VPN as far as I know, I never set up a VPN.

The most odd thing is even with parental control settings off we cannot get on game pages or social media pages.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Parental Controls

No one has any thoughts, moderators?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Parental Controls

Hi @Parent,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if the Parental Controls aren't' working. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings