cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marklwilliams
Beginner
Message 11 of 60

Re: Parental Controls

I have also never set up parental controls and suddenly today I am blocked from some fairly innocuous websites including Facebook and Twitter -both of which are essential for my work.

How is this being addressed?

0 Ratings
Pge
Beginner
Message 12 of 60

Same problem. I agree the lack of any useful information from BT about this is very disappointing. This is the second major problem I have now experienced with BT. The first - according to BT - was when they mistakenly transferred my broadband to another provider. I hadn't requested the transfer - the other provider knew nothing - BT were unable to restore my broadband. In total I was without broadband for 3 months and got no refund for the lack of service... Anyway, RANT over. Typing this I wonder why I put up with the BT service...
0 Ratings
FODC
Message 13 of 60

Re: Parental controls

Yes, this is ridiculous.  I have some stupid parental controls locked on that I didn't ask for and do not want.  Thanks Dave! Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
FODC
Message 14 of 60

Just started working normally for me, some time within the last half hour I guess. 

0 Ratings
kev_ly
Message 15 of 60

I am experiencing the same problem. The parental controls have been activated completely automatically and I have been basically without the internet for two days now. The service I have had from the customer service line has been truly appalling, especially now that I can see from these forums the extent of the problem.
0 Ratings
kev_ly
Message 16 of 60

Parental Controls

Do I have to tell this story?

Parental controls have been activated on my account without any action from myself, leaving me without access to pretty much anything other than the BT website and google for the past few days.

My experience with the customer service telephone lines has been truly appalling and perhaps the worst such experience I have ever had, with conflicting information, empty reassurances and downright lies being fed to me by BT employees.

I am absolutelty furious and demand some semblance of an explanation.

0 Ratings
marklwilliams
Beginner
Message 17 of 60

I can see from the forums history and a bit of googling that this has been going on for months. If they can't do it properly, why haven't they stopped the roll out until they can do it properly. There's an awful lot of annoyed customers out there. I can't see myself sticking with BT.
0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 60

Still showing as down on the BT web site.
0 Ratings
kev_ly
Message 19 of 60

A moderator has found the time to take the thread that I made and merge it with this one, but not to respond to our queries or explain the situation.

This is utterly ridiculous.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 60

0 Ratings