cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 60

Re: Parental Controls

So you think that anybody should be able to unblock parental controls without any credentials? How's that work then?

0 Ratings
TTD
Message 52 of 60

Unblock?? They were never blocked in the first place! My parental controls weren't even activated ???
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 60

No idea if they are or aren't but the link you posted is genuine. If you are worried about clicking on links, go directly to MYBT and see what that indicates for your parental controls.

0 Ratings
TTD
Message 54 of 60

I did that and my parental controls were not activated. Can u explain that one?
I have since activated, switch off, and now deleted it. Still nothing changes.
0 Ratings
TTD
Message 55 of 60

This isn't getting me anywhere! I cannot access loads of sites due to parental controls set at moderate level, but I just want to reiterate, the parental controls are NOT activated! What is going on please???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 60

Try setting your DNS server to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 on your PC. If that doesn't work either, it would appear that parental controls are activated although they would appear not to be in MYBT.

0 Ratings
TTD
Message 57 of 60

Ok, so its a genuine bt web page?? I tried using the option to allow access to a web site I want to visit. I inputted my id and password and I get in red writting. You are not set up to manage BT Parental Controls, please contact the account holder. I am the account holder! What is happening here!!!!
0 Ratings
TTD
Message 58 of 60

Got everything working now. I reset the router and changed the dns, everything, at the moment is nice and dandy 🙂 Thanx for your help x

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 59 of 60

Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Jannyman23
Beginner
Message 60 of 60

I am experiencing exactly the same problems. I want to delete Parental Controls but when I click on Manage I get a message saying "We are unable to process your request due to technical error." Please Help as I need to access some of the sites that are being blocked for work.

0 Ratings