cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Parental Controls

Hi

I've got an annoying problem. My son has a PS5 which he uses for most of his internet stuff, but BT Parental Controls keep blocking his access to Twitter. I did have adult sites and social media restricted for a while, but it's been turned off for months. My PC is fine with access, just happens on his PS5. I've cleared cookies and cache with no success. If you reload the page fast enough, it allows access, only to block it again on subsequent attempts.

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Parental Controls

Hi @Trotsky welcome to the community and thanks for posting, parental controls are applied at network level and not on the device so if you can access the same content on a PC then that would imply that they are not active on your broadband connection. Are you still seeing the parental control block message on PS5?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes I still get the BT "blocked" page. Have to refresh several times to get to Twitter. The only way to work around it is to use a vpn.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Trotsky I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll get a fault raised so that can be investigated.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings