Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Parental control control panel not working

Go to solution
I have set up parental controls a few weeks back and it appears to work. However I cannot access my control panel. After logging into my account and selecting the parental controls in 'my extras' then I get an error stating :

"We are unable to process your request due to technical error."

After several calls to BT with them failing to cal back on several occasions I finally had one of the tech guys share my screen and look at it live and take screenshots. They were going to look into it.

That was a week ago now and I still have the same problem. Any help is appreciated as I need to modify the settings and currently cannot do so.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: Parental control control panel not working

Go to solution

Hi Martyfp68,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

I am sorry that you haven't had a reply to your post yet. Can you send me over your details and I will be in touch. 

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks OlgaC. I have emailed my details
0 Ratings
CookieDC
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
I am having similar problems. I turned on BT Parental Controls on Sunday and since then I get the msg 'will be activated in 24hrs'. However, that was five days ago. I have no option to manage settings, and it is now blocking all access to social media, including facebook and instagram. BT call centre has been worse than useless, promising call backs and assistance but to no avail. Can anyonw help here!?
0 Ratings
minimo
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Yes I would like to know if people who are emailing details via here - has your parental control problem got fixed then?

Parental controls off shore havent thus far been able to fix my problem and doesn't look like shall be anytime too soon.

SO fed up!!  

0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
My case is still being looked at. I have received updates from BT and they appear to be narrowing down the problem. I remain hopeful.
0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It looks like I was over optimistic here ... a couple of weeks on and still no sight of a resolution.

I have have several calls from the indian support center asking me if its fixed, and one telling me (incorrectly) that it was fixed. Unfortunately i still have the exact same problems (no access to the Parental control panel).

A very poor show from BT I think. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Martyfp68,

Thanks for posting. I can see your case is in hand. We’ll chase it up for you.

@minimo , I’ll be happy to take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Meanie
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi I have been trying to switch on my parental controls for weeks now, but every time I log in I just get the maessage We are unable to process your request due to technical error. You cant have had a problem for so many weeks. Is it just a setting on my account?

Regards

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Could you please start a new thread as this one is a year old

@Meanie

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings