Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emit118
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Parental control problem HELP

Go to solution

Just recently I've been getting a parental control pop-up asking if I want this add-on. I clicked 'no thanks' then was redirected to another BT page explaining about if ever want it etc etc. I then clicked 'close' and it kept loading for ages, not redirecting me or anything. I thought this had solved the problem; it didn't as the pop-up kept appearing. In the end I installed parental controls, switched it off but then it kept blocking websites like Facebook - something about the DNS part of a website or something. After searching through possible answers to fix this annoying problem, I deleted parental controls. This however didn't solve anything as another message appeared saying

'You're seeing this page because BT Parental Controls is active and you are attempting to connect to a DNS server outside of our network.'

But I've deleted parental controls. I even waited an hour and reset both my computer and hub. I've just been on the phone to BT for an hour where a lady (who was very helpful) accessed my account and somehow activated parental controls again. It says it is off, but yet again I still cannot get onto Facebook. She said a techinal team will call me back in next 48hrs! PLEASE HELP!!! Is there a way to allow websites on parental controls???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
astar27
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Parental control problem HELP

Go to solution
Best way is to clear your internet browsing history and should fix the problem. What web browser are you using?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Did you actually uninstall the Parental controls, or simply de-activated them? De-activating them still blocks 3rd party DNS servers.

You need to uninstall them so that they are removed totally from the BT server.

emit118
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I use Google Chrome. Even after turning parental controls off it is blocking websites. I then turned it back on and changed all the settings, including adding Facebook and Netflix to the allowed sites. Its literally blocking everything! I deleted my history and checked the DNS settings etc. Why is this happening? 😞 

0 Ratings
emit118
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I think (touch wood) the problem has been fixed! After going on your website Keith_Beddoe  I went through different methods of fixing the problem. I followed the part about 'Trusteer Endpoint Protection Console' and removed websites on there which hopefully has done the job! I didn't even know I had this protection console thing 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I am pleased that you found the page on my website regarding Parental controls. Its a frequent problem which is why its near the top of my main menu.

0 Ratings