Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Parental control unavailable

Go to solution
Hi
I have a problem, and it seems to be repeated, Our BT Parental Controls are showing as UNAVAILABLE and cannot be switched on or off as there is no tab or other means of accessing the Parental controls page ? We are also getting a message in MYBT that parental controls are being activated and to wait upto 24 hours to re visit the page, a week now seems that it is a general problem, when I read it in various conversation.
Can anyone help please, it is very important for us as family to have a control on the internet.
Really appreciate it
Thank you
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Parental control unavailable

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
Hello

Many thanks, i appreciate your support
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @hashemfouad  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are unable to activate the parental controls and we will be happy to get this fixed for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
No exactly a fix for your home hub, but I found that some other routers had better parental controls and filters. In addition they can be set up by device rather than global.

There are also a bunch of quality of service options to prevent device hogging.

For example. Child iPad requires protection against just about everything; guns, violence, nudity, tobacco blah.....

I personally may wish to visit a gun site because I hold a licence. I can’t if I use BT’s controls unless I perhaps whitelist...

I don’t seem to have or be able to find non global parental controls other than by using my own hardware. I have the asus rt-ac-1200 in place of my home hub. Note this is not a modem router. It’s designed to provide wireless access to a network or cable type connection.

If you cannot get your BT powered controls up any time soon plug one of those into the blue wan port of your home hub and use the setup wizard.

Just an alternative for you if you find the global parental controls a little too restrictive for your own surfing as well 🙂
Highlighted
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @hashemfouad thanks for speaking with me today, please can you post back when you get the chance to check your parental controls to let me know if they are working?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Niel

It was very nice speaking to you, and thanks for the follow up.

I logged to my account, and i saw that Parental Control was active, but when i pressed the Manage BT PareentalControls button, it takes me to another page which says under the BT Parental Controls that "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again in 15 minutes"

Unfortunately, I tried 2 or 3 times after that but it gives same comment above.

Much appreciated

Hashem 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
Might be worth looking at a second WiFi box - plug it in the blue port and set up parental controls for that WiFi only.

I have 4 hotspots. Two for kids two for adults.

Kids have controls. Adults do not.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @hashemfouad,

@NeilO is out of the office until tomorrow afternoon so I took a look at this for you. I've made a couple of changes. Can you check and let me know if it's working for you or not?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

Appreciate your support.

Still the same issue as below

BT Parental Controls : "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again in 15 minutes."

Thank you

Hashem 

0 Ratings