Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul67
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Parental controls and web protect

Go to solution

I had BT broadband installed on the 28th June. After a slight hiccup it was up and running, couldn't be happier. I then tried to activate my broadband extras, this is where it has all gone wrong.

I have tried to activate BT web protect, I get an error message saying "there was an error saving the settings". I try to activate BT parental controls and there is a message that says: -

"Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours. Please log in again later to manage your account".

Both the error message and the activation notice have been there since i reported the problem on the 7th July. I rang and was asked to do various things with my computer but to no avail.

I was told someone would give me a call to fix the issue. No one rang, so I called back. I spoke to a different person who went through the same things as before, same outcome.

I was told that my case had been escalated and would be contacted........nothing. I called again, spoke to someone different and went through the same steps........no change.

I spoke to someone on Sunday (very helpful) who said that she would delete my account and I can re register to see if that solves the issue. Unfortunately it didn't.

I rang again, spoke to someone different who again tried various things but still no joy. Again i was told someone would give me a call from the escalation team.

Today, Tuesday I received a call from someone who asked if my email issue had been resolved!! When i questioned what department he was from, he said he was from the ORDERS TEAM and had been told my problem was with email.

At 3:18pm i received a text from someone called Luke who would be calling me back in 3 -5 minutes and gave me a direct line. I waited 15 minutes, no call. I called the direct number and it went straight to answer phone. I tried again a few minutes later, answerphone.

I then called the help team and spoke to someone called Karen who said she would put me through to someone who could help. Her words to me before she put me through was "he is an expert", turns out he wasn't an expert at and just said my issue needs to be escalated!!!!

I called the help team again and was told that someone would call me at 7:30pm. No call came so i called again only to be told that Luke wasn't in the office and someone else would call me. It's now 8:50pm and no call.

You may or may not appreciate that i have had enough. All i want to know is whether or not my problem is going to be solved??

I have to say at this point that with the exception of Karen from Newcastle, everyone i have spoken to has tried their best, the problem seems to be the team that I can't actually contact and as it turns out struggles making contact full stop!

The service i have received has been nothing short of shocking to be honest.

Please can someone help me out

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Parental controls and web protect

Go to solution

I think you need mod help to sort this out and I have asked them to help.  They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @paul67  welcome to the forum and thanks for taking the time to post about your experience. I'm sorry that you have had to make so many contacts to try and get this fixed without success. We will be happy to help you get these services up and running. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@paul67 thanks for taking my call, sorry again about how this has been handed to date.

I have made a few changes to your MyBT profile hopefully this will fix the issue. I know I said I am out of the office for a few days but feel free to post on here how and let us know how you get on when re-testing.

Speak to you on Sunday.

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
paul67
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Matt

Slight progress. The parental controls are showing as active but when i click on the "manage parental controls" i get an error message saying "sorry something went wrong try again in 15 minutes"

Web protect still isn't turning on

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call @paul67.

I'm glad to hear that the issue is now resolved and you are able to activate both services.

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings