cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Parental controls no longer activate on demand

Despite multiple restore of the smart hub 2 and re-install of the MyBT app I cannot any longer activate or adjust my parental controls. They remain OFF.  This has been the case for at least 4 weeks. Prior to this they worked without fault.  From reading all the Q’s about this on this forum and the BT help page I am non the wiser as to jaw to resolve. Assume it’s linked to my account rather than the hardware. Can anyone help or advise please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Parental controls no longer activate on demand

Hi @Anthony5351 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you can't activate the Parental Controls via the MyBT app. Please would you try logging into your BTID at www.bt.com/mybt and check under 'Your Security' and see if the Parental Controls are showing and if so are you able to activate them ok from there?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

John thank you kindly for your response and welcome. I have tried the main web log in (rather then the app) and I have the same issue. It has the button to activate and if you press this button it comes up with a message about it taking 2 hours. BUT it never turns on. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Anthony5351 thanks for checking that and sorry that hasn't helped. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John