Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nick703050
Message 1 of 5

Parental controls not working

Go to solution
Hi,

I am new to BT and I set up my parental controls which worked initially but since I tried to add 'homework time' the parental controls do nothing at all. I get a confirmation email and when I check back later all appears well in my settings but the filters simply do nothing. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Nick
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Parental controls not working

Go to solution

Hi @Nick703050 and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems with the parental controls. Take a look at BT Parental Controls - 'How to...' guide under filter times and let us know how you et on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Nick703050
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

David, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I set the filter times upon installation and it worked fine. It was when I added homework time that it stopped working.

I've tried numerous times since to make adjustments to times and filter level. I receive the email confirmation each time so what I am doing appears successful but then it simply doesn't function as required.

Thanks again

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Nick703050 We'll need to get that looked into, send over your details using the 'contact the mods' link. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Changes to the filtering can require a change to your public IP address by restarting the home hub.

Any Windows computers may need to have their DNS cache cleared, otherwise old entries may still direct users to blocked sites, that have been visited recently.

This can be done by typing the following at the conmmand prompt.

ipconfig /flushdns

0 Ratings