Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceefla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Parental controls not working

Hi,

I'm unable to get these to work on my account. They are showing as "Active" and have set up a custom filter as well as blocking a specific URL for testing.

In addition I have cleared my browser cache, flushed DNS, checked DNS is being handled by the hub, restarted hub, turned controls off and on again.

I've been on to the phone to the BT cell centre but they have not been able to assist.

TIA,

Colin

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Parental controls not working

did you check your MYBT and ensure switch on

this is BT help  https://www.bt.com/help/home/security/#/parental-controls/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ceefla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes, showing as turned on.

I've been through all the BT docs and spent time on phone and chat with BT - they've conducted a remote session on my PC and everything looks fine to them.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

wonder if you have a similar problem and need mod help

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Parental-Controls-Not-Working/m-p/19552...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ceefla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I read that one and thought it was similar to my issue.

Do I need to wait for a mod to pick this up?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@ceefla wrote:

Yes, I read that one and thought it was similar to my issue.

Do I need to wait for a mod to pick this up?

Hi @ceefla 

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having using parental controls.  I appreciate the time you have already spent trying to get this sorted out.  As you have spoken to a few of my colleagues and you're no further forward you can get in touch with us and we'll check this out.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”