Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdw626
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Parental controls - "Sorry, something went wrong"

Go to solution

I have been on the telephone to BT customer services 3 times today - a total waiting time of OVER TWO HOURS.

I want to look at my BT Parental Controls on my Broadband. I logged into MyBT to do this but when I click the link "Personalise your settings" to do this, a new page opens with the message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later". I've tried this for several days now - same message.

I tried online chat - the person didn't know what to do but gave me a phone number to call. After 50 minutes on hold the first help desk person didn't understand the problem at all but gave me another number. After 45 minutes on hold the next person didn't know what to do about it but called me back and transferred me to the Parental Controls Department. Does this department actually exist? I don't know, I'm currently 40 minutes into waiting in a queue for someone to answer.

I can't keep waiting for somone to pick up. What do I do? Do I just accept that it will never work? I don't feel happy about that. but if I can't actually get through to anyone then I guess I just have to put up with it and see about switching provider.

Anyone got any advice on how to fix the issue?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Parental controls - "Sorry, something went wrong"

Go to solution

Hi @Gdw626 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems getting the parental controls sorted. I'm sure I can help you with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Gdw626
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks very much - I have used the link to log this issue.

0 Ratings
Gdw626
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Sorry if this is being impatient but do you know if anything is happening on my logged query. My enquiry number is *******. I've heard nothing at all since posting the enquiry and the issue still exists.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Gdw626,

It is taking longer than normal to reply but we still have your details in our queue. As soon as we help everyone else out we'll be in touch with you.

I've edited your post also to remove the reference number.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
brownandsticky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Did you get this issue resolved?  

When I try and update our Parental Controls I've been seeing the same 'something went wrong; message for days now.

0 Ratings
Gdw626
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Nope - still not resolved.

I did get through to someone who logged the issue with their technical support and I have to give BT some credit in that they do call up every few days to update me but unfortunately they can't actually fix it.

The last update I had was on Friday when they told me that everything was OK at their end and so the problem must be something at my end to do with my browser. But I've tried using a PC, a Mac and an iPad. On the PC I've used Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox - all the same result.

I'm resigned to the likelihood that it will never be fixed, which is a shame.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
brownandsticky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

I'm just starting out on this issue.

The Chat service gave me a number for BT Yahoo Support and they will call back this evening when I'm at home.

My case may be complicated by the fact that we no longer use the Homehub as it's a very old unit now.  There's an outside chance that the My BT configuration page is failing because it can't talk to a Homehub on my home line.

They'll probably get me to dig the Homehub out of the loft.  But I suspect I'll end up in the same place as you.

0 Ratings
Gdw626
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

I hadn't thought about the home hub perhaps being the problem. Our Home Hub is less than 2 years old and we are still using it. I've rebooted it quite a few times but I'll try restoring it to factory settings (I guess that there is a reset function somewhere int eh advanced controls) this evening and maybe that will do the trick.

Will let you know what happens.

0 Ratings
trintrax
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Did the restore function work? It didnt work for me.

I am having the same problem. 

0 Ratings