Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Parental controls unavailable

Go to solution
Hi I have an issue where my account shows parental controls as unavailable. I have used the online chat and spoken to people who seem to not have the relevant information to help. Can you please help me fix this issue? I see from looking at recent posts on the forum, that this is a common problem. Thanks in advice for your help
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Parental controls unavailable

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Mburt

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Sorry that your Parental Controls is showing as unavailable.  I appreciate the time you have spent on live chat trying to get this sorted.

The community isn't going to be able to help with this so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Mburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Robbie, thanks for your swift response. I've sent you a private message as you suggested. I'm looking for a quick fix if possible. I've attempted to explain the problem on the online chat and then also in a couple phonecalls, but unfortunately they either didnt understand the issue, or told me they'd call back, and then didn't. Quite frustrating, but I was informed that the BT community forum is highly knowledgeable and most helpful.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@Mburt You have to use the contact form, not private messaging. See note on his post.

"Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You"

0 Ratings
Mburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Hey Keith, thanks for your advice. I have done what you said. I didn’t realise this earlier. How is best to communicate with the moderator going forward?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Mburt wrote:
Hey Keith, thanks for your advice. I have done what you said. I didn’t realise this earlier. How is best to communicate with the moderator going forward?

One of them will contact you by phone or e-mail, once your case gets to the top of their queue. Its usually within five working days, depending on how busy they are.

0 Ratings
Mburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Ok brilliant, thanks for your advice
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Mburt I called there but missed you, can you try managing your parental controls in MYBT as I've activated from my side. Please post back and let me know how you get on. 

0 Ratings
Mburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Hi Neil sorry I missed your call. Yes that appears to have worked. Thanks to you and your team for sorting this problem out for me.
0 Ratings