cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iHumphries
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Parental controls unavailable

I too, like so many others here, am having problems with the parental controls. I cannot turn them on and it just says 'Unavailable' and 'Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours'. I have cleared cookies etc., I have restarted the router, I have raised a complaint and spent a lot of time on thephone to BT but nobody has done anything. Please can someone help me sort this out. Thank you. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Parental controls unavailable

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 10

Welcome to the Community @iHumphries.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with Parental Controls and how long it is taking us to fix the fault. Some Parental Control faults are pretty complex and can take some time to fix.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team. We are really busy at the moment so it could take us a few days to get back to you. I have noticed that you have mentioned that you have raised a complaint already so this should have got the ball rolling all ready for us.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
iHumphries
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks

0 Ratings
iHumphries
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Not working extras

My parental controls still have not been activated for over a  week now . I've rung up.  Chated online posted on here all to no avail . Bt have not tryed to resolve this neither seem bothered as they just keep passing it on to another department and putting the phone down or ending chat when not being able to do their job . I cant see it being a hard fix so why hasn't it been done ! 

Thanks

Screenshot_20190928-064251_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Re: Not working extras

@iHumphries 

The moderation team are very busy at the moment, and each case is dealt with in strict order. It likely to be a few more days before they pick up your case, provided that you replied to the private message from @Matt-S 

0 Ratings
iHumphries
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Great way to welcome a new customer.  Pay for something that doesn't 100 percent work and we will fix it when we can be bothered.  Great help that ! I may cancel contract as only been switched on 9days  . The online chat and call centre needs training really bad as they havnt got a clue!  

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Its probably just a data integrity issue where your new account has not yet been linked to the parental controls. This can usually be sorted out by the moderators.

Bear in mind that this is just a customer to customer forum, and the advice I am giving you is based on other similar posts on this forum. I will however ask the moderators for an update.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 10

Hi @iHumphries,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry there has been a delay in us picking up your case. I've checked our queue and can confirm that we have your details. 

The moderation team has been a lot busier than normal this week and it's, unfortunately, taking us a bit longer to reply. We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

lease once again accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
iHumphries
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Ok thanks
0 Ratings