Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeGrant
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Problem with Parental Controls

Hello

Upon reopening my browser, a tab which I had had open the previous evening was replaced by a blue screen with a message saying that the website "has been blocked by BT Parental Controls because the account holder has Light filters on."

Note: *I* am the account holder and I don't have BT Parental Controls active at all - I have checked.

Additionally, when I click on the button on the block page with the message "Allow access, if you are the account holder", then login with my BT ID and password, I get the error message "You are not authorised to manage this Parental Controls service, please contact the account holder"!!

EDIT: I have tried restarting my Home Hub - blocking is still active.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with Parental Controls

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
MikeGrant
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

The block suddenly disappeared; I have no idea why or what was going on. Very annoying all the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @MikeGrant,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that your Parental Controls are blocking access to a specific site and that you never turned them on. We'll need to speak with you, as the account holder, in order to set your BT ID account up to deactivate the service. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MikeGrant
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

"BT Parental Controls" is set to inactive under "Your Inclusive Extras" on MyBT and always has been - I have never changed any "Extras" settings and in fact have never even looked at "Extras" until today. This weird site blocking was clearly caused by some temporary glitch.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Are you able to get access to the site now @MikeGrant?

If you are, it sounds like a temporary glitch or it was possible that you had a crossed line which is the least likely of the two. If the issue comes back be sure to let us know.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings