Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sydtoon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Anyone 500GB cloud upgrade yet?

Go to solution

I received an email dated 27 Sep from BT Offering a cloud upgrade. It said  We've been together for 4832 days (just over 13 and a quarter years) and saying We are doubling your BT Cloud storage. My cloud storage is 500Gb.  Since then I have heard nothing. Does anybody know what I have to do?  Is this a SCAM?

BT also said, "There's no need to do anything ‐ sit back, relax and we'll let you know when your boost has been activated." When is this lightly to happen?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

Have a read through the thread regarding the email you received.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/Your-free-boost-is-ready-to-open/td-p/1779877

0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I received the same email and my Cloud storage had indeed doubled by the time I checked it later that same day.

Like you, I was on 500GB, and now it is 1000GB.  You don't have to do anything, just check the Cloud allocation on the app.

It isn't a scam - well, not in the sense that you mean.  If you were on Infinity 1 then you would get Infinity 2 speeds as well, but for Infinity 2 customers its just the Cloud storage.  Better than a poke in the eye, but it makes Infinity 2 quite an expensive option for what it offers over Infinity 1 now.  Just after I signed up for a further 18 months!  😞

0 Ratings
sydtoon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I contacted bt support about this, this is the reply "Gan***: Thanks you.I have checked the account details and found that no such email has been sent you from BT about it.Please forward the email at abuse@bt.com and then delete the email from your inbox.We will take strict action against the scammers."

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said "Faiz: Hello I’m Faiz, thank you for chatting with BT. I’m reading your enquiry, please give me a few moments I’ll be back soon.
I may need to ask you for some further details, if you would like to use this time to grab the BT account number, the account holders full name, address and postcode that would be really helpful."

but after waiting 10 minutes I got  "Faiz has disconnected."

I got back to them but "Faiz" did not want to talk but sent a message "you will get your cloud 500gb boost from the first week of November."

I will wait, maybe before Christmas.  I got my first email "Free Boost" on the 27th September. 

0 Ratings