Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mesh44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Re: BT Cloud (My Story)

Hi BobWilly,

I feel your pain.  The same is happening to me - they have lost all my stored photos (10+ of sentimental photo's).  I'm getting no acknowledgement of a restore.  I'm getting false promises of phone call backs.  I've had a (singular) person will NO customer skills that blamed me for storing photos an their "free" cloud service.

Any ideas on how to escalate this?  Ideas on what social media tags to use?  Who in BT is responsible or can help?

Who else has had this issue?    I'm thinking about approaching watchdog and getting them to investigate.

Cheers,

Mesh

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @mesh44,

I have been reading over your post and just want to say that I am sorry that you haven't been able to get the help that you need. I'd like to offer you our help. If you check your private message's you will spot one from me. Please reply to it.

Thank you

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mesh44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

@DanielS  - Thanks, your the 1st person in BT that has been willing to help.   I have sent you a private email as requested. 

I will update the community on progress.

Thanks again,

Mesh

bobwilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Hi Mesh
Sorry you are also having problems. I can relate completely to your story.
I posted on here hoping to find answers to the same questions you are asking.

Sadly you will note that despite BT having people who monitor this forum and get involved sometimes my invitation for them to comment has not been taken up.
I know from bitter experience the frustration of not being able to speak to anyone who will deal with your problem effectively and efficiently.

The cloud team (based in India) are the only ones who deal with cloud issues including complaints about themselves.
I tried sending a complaint via the BT website but the complaints advisor (who was also based in India) who responded to the message promised to call me back when he had investigated but never did.

I am sure this is all a ploy to wear you down so you just give up on your complaint. When they just closed the case I couldn’t be bothered getting them to open it again. I was just sick of dealing with them so I suppose this tactic is effective.
If you decide to get a consumer affairs programme involved I am here with all the details if you need to use my story.
Good luck my friend…...you are going to need it!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @mesh44 

Thanks for taking the time to send us over your details.

I picked up your case this morning and tried giving you a quick call.  Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with you.  I just wanted to let you know that I have contacted my colleague on your behalf about the problems you're having and I will give you another shout when I hear word back from them.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mesh44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Hi @bobwilly ,

For some reason I've had problems replying to the thread - my posts have not been appearing !!  Let's hope this works.

Thanks for your support. Let's not give up.

This is wrong.  A Service Provider should NOT be in a position to be unable to locate personal photo's, they should NOT be able to self-govern, not in today's digital age with all the regulations in place.

I've been doing some research and found this site (http://www.btcomplaint.com). I'm sure they would be interested in the issues we are having with BT Cloud and happy to advertise the fact.  I also found this white paper written by BT (it's long), it explains the power of social media and how organisations should listen to their Customers.

I'll be collecting some more factual information before approaching Watchdog so they can investigate. I'm sure we are not the only ones with this issue.

I'm hoping @RobbieMac , @DanielS  can step in and help.   I would rather spend my time reminiscing on my photo's then spending time researching and building a case.

0 Ratings
bobwilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi Mesh

I am pleased you have been offered help from the moderators but disappointed no such offer has come my way despite your post being a reference to my tale of woe. BT Cloud (My Story).

If they feel they can help you is there any chance for me I wonder?
Surely files can be retrieved but I was told not?

I had hundreds of family photographs including those of my children as they were growing up, family holidays, precious images of my late parents, in other words a lifetime of memories stored.

My last contact with BT was with the Cloud Team agent who managed to give a half hearted apology for the permanent loss of my files but then the call “dropped out” as I was explaining the enormity of what he had just told me. He didn’t ring back and the prospect of starting another call to find the same person again seemed pointless. They did arrange for a credit to be placed in my broadband account though so that’s alright then!

The www.btcomplaint.com website you mentioned seems to be little more than a place to “get it off your chest”. Your tale is out there for all to see, much to BT’s shame, but that seems to be it. Not much different to this forum but this is the official BT support community so you stand a better chance of getting help here than elsewhere I feel.
Having said that, they did have email contact details for Gavin Patterson (CEO) and Warren Buckley (Head of Customer Services) so that is another avenue to be explored.

I looked at the BT white paper you referenced (Serving the Social Customer) It outlined the problem of customers going on line in frustration when the phone, email and webchat avenues have failed and what BT needed to do about it.
Shame nobody in BT seems to want to implement any of the recommendations offered.

Please keep posting Mesh I appreciate your input.
I just wish I could say the same about BT!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @bobwilly I'm so sorry your BT cloud files have been lost and I apologise that we've missed your previous posts. I can't make any promises but we'll be happy to see if anything can be done, if you send over your details.  I've sent you a Private Message with details explaining how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks
Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mesh44
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

@bobwilly,

I'm hoping @NeilO , @RobbieMac , @DanielS  can help us both and others that may have this unfortunate case.

I just came across an article by Hannah Bouckley  who is a social media Content Manager, where she writes:

"It’s easy to use, the best way to protect your precious memories and important documents, and it can be accessed across all of the devices you use so you can enjoy your content right at your fingertips anytime, anywhere"

0 Ratings