cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls not working

I'm afraid I too am having issues with the parental controls message.  I'm getting the message "Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours. Please log in again later to manage your account".

By way of background, BT have just replaced my faulty HH3 with a HH4.  I set up the HH4 and skipped all the parental control / BT Fon stuff as I needed to get on line.  I hadn't realised that parental controls were now set at "light" by default.   For some reason the controls are preventing me from logging in to a couple of non-dodgy(!) but secure websites that I use for work. 

I went into my MyBT.  Parental controls were not enabled so I clicked on the button thinking I'd be able to change the settings, but I have been getting the above error message since last night.  I appreciate that 24 hours have not yet passed but, from looking at this forum, it sounds as if I may have the same problem as others.

Just tried to email a Mod.  I can see he's on line but I can't find a contact button.  Can someone help me please!!

Many thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

I have moved you onto your own thread because you posted on a thread marked solved. This can mean that it may not get read by people as they see it marked as solved.

You can not PM moderators. If they feel that they can assist you they will post a link on this thread.

Have you tried going into MyBT and deleting BTParental controls.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi ChrispyB,

Thanks for posting. I can help with this. Can you drop me an email with the details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
corky20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

A few days ago the parental controls started blocking sites on when I connected to the wifi via the homehub. I tried to disable it in my account but I just have this message:

"Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours. Please log in again later to manage your account."

It's been like that for a few days now and I can't remove the parental controls.

0 Ratings