Re: BT Parental Controls still not available months later

Hi Stephanie

Still no news and the problem remains.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 12 of 20

Hi @alexmcwilliams I am sorry for the length of time this is taking. I've been escalating your case and this is currently being looked into. It's with the best team for this type of issue and I will update you as soon as I can.

Community ManagerStephanieG
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
alexmcwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Hi Stephanie

Can you ring me please.

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Hi @alexmcwilliams,

@StephanieG will be in the office later this afternoon. I'll email her now and let her know that you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 15 of 20

@alexmcwilliams thanks for taking my call there. As discussed, I contacted the product manager to get help with this case, due the length of time it's been unresolved.

He confirmed that we've carried out a few more changes in the background, and for you to try turning parental controls off and on again. I'll catch up with you again in the morning.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
alexmcwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

No, that didn't work Stephanie.  Even after leaving it overnight and checking again in the morning.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Hi @alexmcwilliams

Thanks for posting back!

I've let @StephanieG know you've been back in touch.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 20

Hi @alexmcwilliams thanks for letting me know, I'm sorry this is still a problem. 

I have gone back to the product manager, and I'll update you as soon as I can. 

Thanks

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 20

Hi @alexmcwilliams thanks for getting back to me today, glad this is all sorted Smiley Happy

We got to the bottom of it, it was a problem with DNS. Checking the correct settings fixed the issue. For anyone having similar problems with their PCs, you can check your DNS settings here.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jebafranklin
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

Hi

I have the same problem and I have been speaking to a number of people in BT (various levels of support teams)

It’s been 4 months I am yet get my parental control activated.

I have checked the DNS and it looks correct.

Please advise

Regards
Jeyaprakash

0 Ratings