Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Re: BT Smart Talk - no remove user option

Go to solution

I can't believe it but the MyBT website still has exactly the same problem after more than 2 years!! I am having the same problem as described in this post and the proposed solution does not work. My phone had to be reset and I am being told there is a problem as the service is already registered to the device.... you would think it would be a five-minute task to rectify but sadly not!!

There is a check box to remove user (I am the only one) but the save button does not work. I have tried this on several different devices and so it must be a problem with MyBT.

I contacted BT to have this service removed a couple of days ago and was told it was done and to check back... still not deleted and so I have no confidence it has been done and still cannot use the service.... anyway, what type of computer system nowadays takes over two days to update!! Think I am being told bulls*** by the 'helpdesk' as usual 😞

Please sort this out!

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Go to solution

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Is there an option to block the user, and does that work?

If it does, then following the advice on the following page, should allow you register your new phone.

BT SmartTalk issues

Please post back here with the outcome. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you.

There is no working option to block me as a user.

There is a check box to remove me as a user but when I select this the save button does not work (see screenshot below).

I have checked this on different computers using different browsers, i.e. Firefox, Chrome and Edge and so the fault must lie with BT's website and also BT's Helpdesk as I also contacted them to do this three days ago and it has still not happened. Very poor service really!

bt.com schreenshot

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @Wezzy1958,

I'm sorry you're having problem managing your Smart Talk online. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution
Done!
0 Ratings
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

Further to the above. The problem has still not been resolved.

I have also submitted a complaint to BT as this matter should have been resolved by the helpdesk (They told me my mobile number would disappear from BT SmartTalk in a couple of days after the "systems" had updated Smiley LOL). This did not happen as promised.

I just received a text from an Anoop from BT Digital Care. He said he would ring in 5 minutes on an 0800 number. He did try to call and had he allowed the phone to ring for more than three rings I would have managed to answer!! Now I have no idea what will happen as I cannnot reply to the text or phone number Smiley Mad

Wonder if I will actually get a call back or whether this is just a ploy whereby if not answered within 3 rings, they will claim I didn't answer and close the case.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

deleted

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @Wezzy1958 I've checked and can see your case is nearing the top of our queue. We will be in touch to help as soon as you get to the top of the queue.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 27