cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: BT Virus Protect - Incomplete Installation

Hello all,

I have a similar issue. I am trying to install McaFee on my daughter's laptop at home but it keeps stopping at 80% saying "Sorry, your McAfee software couldn't be installed. SecurityCentre". I have gone through all suggested fixes of uninstalls with MCPR, Cleaner etc. When i go to Mcafee site, it wants me to log on but the userID is one with netprotect which i have no details for. I would appreciate your help please. Its a Windows 10 home edition and we have been battling with this since yesterday but still stuck at 80% all the time.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @tundew, I've move your post to create your own thread as the previous thread was already solved. Sorry you are unable to get the Virus protect installed. When you check under your Security on the MyBT account do you still have available licences? 
Was there any McAfee software previously installed on the laptop?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hello John,
Yes i have about 5 left out of 15. Yes there was trial one there which we removed and i used the MCPR about 6 times already to ensure nothing is left there.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

You should only need to run the MCPR tool to completely remove an old or failed installation of McAfee (such as the problem you just had), if this was a first time installation then MCPR will not work.

Was this a first time installation ? if so, and if there was a previous AV programme installed, then you will need to check that that has been completely removed.

Alternatively, stick with one of the free ones such as Avast or Windows Defender which are just as good if not better

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hello,

yes this was the first install of Mcafee proper. Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I have exactly the same the issue, I have plenty of licences available. I have run the removal tool several times but the installation fails at 80% with the message "Sorry, your McAfee software couldn't be installed. SecurityCenter". This laptop is running Windows 10 Home Edition.

Please can we get an answer in this?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @mp700997372 and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems with the Virus Protect. I'd like to take a closer look at this for you so I'll drop you a private message now.

@tundew are you still having problems?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

I too am having problems installing BT AntiVirus, I am getting the same 'Sorry, your McAfee software couldn't be installed' error at  80% progress.

I have run the latest version of McAfee's MCPR which completed without error but subsequent attempt to run the install also failed.

I show 4x licences free and am attempting to install on a HP i7 laptop running Windows 10 20H1.

Regards

Jem1962

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

was  this ever resolved - I have exactly the same problem installing on a new laptop??

0 Ratings