cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 ,  I know this thread is extremely old, but here goes - I don't know about Doug Mason but I have the same problem, I have 15 licences, and only using 4 (2 PCs and 2 mobiles), but when trying to add a third PC I'm getting exactly the same, telling me that the software has been deactivated.

Now this isn't the first time I've had this problem, I've had it where 2 of the PC's  say exactly the same thing too, in fact only one of my three PCS have never said this.

Also, all of my PCs have at various times gave me a warning that BT Virus protect was nearing the end of the licence and telling me to renew the licence???? When the time for deactivation arrives, 2 of my PCs have, unlike what others have said happened (nothing it didn't deactivate at all), mine have actually deactivated, and no matter what I do, including uninstalling BT Virus Protect then reinstalling it again, or even Completely wiping the hard drive and reinstalling windows and all my programs etc, I STILL get the same thing

Also when BT Virus protect deactivates, I have a message come up giving 2 boxes, one says renew the licence and the other says purchase more licences. If I click on the renew Licence box it takes me to the McAfee site, and I'm presented with a login and password box, the login is already filled in with a BT Login but anything put into the password box is wrong (as I don't have the BT login password)

What do I do, how can I resolve this problem now, this has been going on for weeks now - I know this thread is very old, but I'm hoping I can get assistance with this - otherwise I'm going to have to take others advice and uninstall McAfee completely from all my systems and bin it completely and install Emsisoft instead

Pete

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Smurf19667, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are having a problem with setting up a further licence for the Virus Protect. 

What broadband package do you have and when you are logged into your MyBT what number of licences does it show on manage link in the 'Your security' section?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

I'm on the Fibre with BT Halo 1 package and it shows 4 of 15 Licences used which is correct 2 phones and 2 PCs.

Just as an after thought, I'm going to try renaming the third PC I'm trying to install it on, I don't know why but I've a feeling it may actually help and work.

For information purposes, at the moment, the names of my PCs differ just by a number, the same name but 1, 2, 3. etc.

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

I don't believe this, it actually did work, I changed the name of the PC, reinstalled McAfee, and it worked, I checked Mcafee Dashboard and it now shows the renamed computer and that there are now 5 licences used.

0 Ratings