cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girish12
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Web Protect started blocking/filtering Google Docs

Just had the same issue for last few days. I have had BT web protect and Parental Control for a long time now. The trouble started when I enabled homework time which disabled google hangouts so I disabled homework time in Parental control but that didn’t work so I put homework time from 1am to 2am and then google hangout worked but then docs.google.com stopped working. I added it to white list and it worked briefly and then stopped. I disabled parental control totally but still docs.google.com was unreachable. Finally disabled BT Web Protect and the. everything was fine again with docs.google.com.

And yes I did factory reset twice but that had no impact on the parental control or web protect settings, it remembered my last setting.

Looks like BT Web Protect has some bugs that gets activated when with certain changes in Parental control. In this lockdown it is impossible to survive school without doccs.google.com

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
JohnC2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @girish12 sorry that you are having this problem. It sounds similar to this thread: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Google-classroom-and-BT-parental-controls-probl... so try out the solution and see if that helps you and let us know.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
JoMC0
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Hi. This problem started for me yesterday and the only way I’ve been able to resolve it is by turning off BT Web Protect which I don’t really want to do for obvious reasons. I tried turning off parent controls but that didn’t work. Surely there must be a fix required rather than having to turn off Web Protect? We haven’t had any issues previously and have made no changes to settings / wi-fi. Please advise. Thanks. 

0 Ratings