cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Re: BTWIFI-with-FON no internet connection!!!

I paid 7 pounds for the 1 day offer of btwifi with fon and I got internet connection for 1 hour and then sporadically for 5 to 10 minutes. I bought it cause I had an important interview to conduct and, of course, it did not go well. But I am really surprised by how many groups have been created in facebook blaming you for the same thing, your extremely poor service. Why dont you stop offering the product since you cannot guarantee for its quality? Many users (like me) will eventually trust you due to BT's brand (from other kind of services) and will apparently be let down by your inability to act professionaly. Taking the money and then forgeting to deliver the service is not compatible with UK of 2017. I REALLY feel like you robbed me 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this link Contact Us.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

The BT Wi-fi service is free to BT Broadband customers and available for a charge to the general public. Either way, it's wholly dependent on local, short-range hotspots. These are predominately provided by the BT home hubs used by the majority of the broadband customers, and there's a relatively small number operated commercially in public places such as stores, stations and coffee shops plus some in public telephone kiosks.

Apart from the phone boxes, BT has no day to day control over any of the hotspots and therefore cannot guarantee availability or quality. The home hub service in particular (which is essential for millions of hotspots to be claimed) is unreliable as it depends on the owner having their hub switched on and, even then, it might be unavailable or unstable for a variety of reasons, not least because the owner gets priority if there's ever insufficient bandwidth to supply BT Wi-fi customers as well.

In short, paying for BT Wi-fi can be an expensive mistake unless you know that a stable service is available wherever you want to use it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings