Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Can't Switch BT SmartTalk App From Lost Handset To A new Phone and Number

Go to solution

Hi,

Wonder if you ever managed to find a solution?

I have a similar problem - I had to reset my Samsung S7 when it went in for repair. After it was fixed I did a restore but had a problem with the APP. I deleted the Smarttalk APP and downloaded it again. When I try to use the app, it attempts to register, fails and I get an error saying that the handset is already registered. Looking on my BT account on the web, I can see the handset as registered BUT I cannot de-register or do anything on the web page. I have tried several times to get support and have different responses varying from the product has been discontinued to today when I eventually spoke to someone who failed to find a solution but stated that the product is still supported? HELP anyone know anything more?

David.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution
@dkjames have you checked the post from Keith regarding smart talk issues?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks for the suggestion. I logged a complaint which did the trick! I had a call from a techy who knew the product and more importantly was able to dis-associate my mobile from the account so that I could complete the on-line registration and attach it once again to my account. Seems this lady was one of a kind in BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @dkjames,

Thank you for taking the time to post back. I'm glad to hear your issue has been fixed.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings