cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Re: Change to Norton not working

Yes I am having the same problem and I seem to be going round in circles. Worried that I no longer have any protection. Struggling to get any help from BT.   Help!! 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi @SueT1, welcome to the forum, and sorry you're having a problem changing over to Norton.

I've moved your post to create your own thread to prevent any confusion as the causes of the problem may differ.

Would you confirm that your BTID is an email address?
Do you have more than one account on your BTID?

Also, this is the Primary BTID and has account holder status. 
Click on Settings and Your account
Scroll down and you'll see if you're the Account holder 

If you're using the Primary BTID and it has Account Holder status please let us know what exactly is going wrong when you try to change. Are there any error messages?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi - I am the account holder and by BT ID is my email address.  When I try to install Norton it states that installation has failed. Incompatible software installed on your computer. Please uninstall Mcafee and try again.

I have uninstalled McAfee  and rebooted my computer but it is still not working and the same message appears and my BT account  now states that I am not protected. 

I am not very technical and am now struggling as to what to do 

Cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @SueT1 and thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry you're still having problems. Can you confirm the make an model of the device you're trying to update?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Now there's a question!  It is a Mac desktop 24inch 2009 (I think)  OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 

Hope that makes sense to you 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @SueT1, thanks for that information.

Have a look at this Step By Step Guide for Mac to take you through the changeover and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi - I have followed the step by step instructions as advised and completed all steps.  I have re started the computer but unfortunately the Norton installation has still failed - getting the same message as before.  So computer still has no security . Not an ideal situation to be in and one unhappy BT customer 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @SueT1,

I am sorry that you are unable to change to Norton with us.

I've checked your earlier post about the version of MacOS that you're using. Unfortunately, it's not supported. You would need to update your MacOS.

These are the versions that we currently support:
OS 10.15: Catalina - 2019
OS 11: Big Sur - 2020
OS 12: Monterey - 2021

You can find out more about the changes on our Community post: 
What devices can I install BT Virus Protect powered by Norton on?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

It would have been more useful to have been told this in the beginning when I first contacted the BT chatline. I have wasted many hours trying to fix something that was never going to work.  Not a happy BT customer 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@SueT1 wrote:

It would have been more useful to have been told this in the beginning when I first contacted the BT chatline. I have wasted many hours trying to fix something that was never going to work.  Not a happy BT customer 

I totally understand @SueT1 

It would have saved a lot of time and effort if you had have been told this from the outset.  I am very sorry about that.

Robbie.

0 Ratings