cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
malt56
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: I can't log on to the BT WIFI hotspots.

Hi

I recently downloaded the BT WIFI application to phone and tried to login using my BT email address & password ( as used for main BT login site via laptop) but was unable to get access even although I should get access via Infiity package .

On checking BT web pages I found a "check my status" page for BT WIFI and it also said my details were invalid.

After further digging I then found out that I needed to login to my main BT account page and OPT-IN to BT WIFI via the extras tab - which I have now done.

My BT Hub says that BT WIFI is active.

Despite all this I still cannot get the status check page to confirm that I am eligible to access BT WIFI ( until I get this validating via my laptop/main web page - not much point in seeing if I can access via the mobile app- this might be a topic of another question at a future date 🙂 ).

Anyone got any clues ?  I am loath to try and contact the BT help team since unless you have hours to burn waiting for a online assistant to appear).

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: I can't connect to the BT WIFI hotspots.

I solved my BT-with-FON difficulties by finding a small, almost un-noticeable link at the top of one screen. If you search for my final post on this subject, it might help you. Look for my name, Michael Graubart.

Best of luck!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Have you actually tried logging onto BTWiifi without the app to see if it works.

See link how to do that.

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/login-with-bt/

If you area "new" customer to BT, within the past couple of years, you need to log on with your BTID which must be an email address.

If you don't have a BTID you need to set one up. See link

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/bt-id-explained/

If you are an "old" BT customer you need to use your primary email address and password to log onto BTWifi.

If you are using one of the above methods and it is still not working you have no option but to contact the BTWifi help desk 0800 022 33 22 who should be able to help.

0 Ratings
malt56
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Strangely enough - I tried connecting to my FON wifi connection via my HUB and tried to login using the app and it accepted my credentials this time - although the web page you mentioned still says that my credentials are invalid.  I will try the app when away from home and see if I can still access.  If so then sorted despite the BT check status results.

0 Ratings
malt56
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Thanls for the reply -I will check it out in case I have issues when away from my hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re: I can't log on to the BT WIFI hotspots.

Hi @malt56

I'm just dropping by to let you know that I have moved your post and the replies that you received to start a new thread to keep the conversation about the problems you're having in the one place.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings