Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Is BT Cloud utterly useless ?

Yes. Totally useless.

BT has recently "upgraded" its phone app for BT Cloud. As part of the so-called upgrade it has removed the search function -- thus rendering the app totally useless. You can no longer easily retrieve a document on your phone. Why on earth would anyone do such a thing as an improvement to a service?

Bizarrely, thinking it might be a problem with my download or my Android phone I talked to BT, including their software people in Kolkota, in the hope of finding a solution. I asked specifically,. several times, whether the search function should still be there, and was assured it should be. I was even asked to send a screen shot so they could see what was wrong with my installation. Over a week after I raised the issue I received a call back (some days after a next day call back had been promised, and only after repeated calls from me) to tell me that yes, after all, the search function had indeed been removed. It might be restored with the next upgrade, the  BT man said, but that wouldn't be for many months. So, to repeat, BT Cloud has been rendered totally useless. Avoid. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Having lost all my BT Cloud files - twice - after being disconnected by BT, through no fault of my own, I wouldn’t risk saving anything of value there now. Just my tuppence-worth.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

It hasn't improved!

I started using the app a month ago when my iCloud storage ran out. I've backed up successfully 4 or 5 times since then.  This evening I opened the app only to be greeted with the message "Welcome - let's get started"!!! As if I've never used it before.

I've checked online and all my files have disappeared with no warning. Don't trust it would be my message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Get a Synology NAS and create your own "cloud".
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

After being disconnected by BT twice  (their error - not mine!) - and both times losing what I had uploaded to their Cloud service, I would recommend thinking twice before trusting valuable files etc to it - caveat emptor!

0 Ratings