cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Re: Mods, please help - BT Smarttalk 'there is an unexpected error causing a problem'

Hi David, I am also getting this issue. Can you help me please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mods, please help - BT Smarttalk 'there is an unexpected error causing a problem'

@axfordkWelcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators.

What are you trying to do when you see the error message?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith, I am trying to register my phone. I get as far as entering the pin number from a text message and then get

Almost done

We just need  to check it's OK to use BT Smarttalk on this account

Then I get

Unexpected error

Please try again. If you still have trouble, try closing and restarting the app.

I have done this 20+ times over the last few month, have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still get this error message every time

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Is this a new registration for this phone, or have you changed the phone, and are trying to register your new phone, or an additional one?

Have you allowed new signups on your manage BT SmartTalk account page?

Unistalling and re-installing the app can make matters worse, as each time you would need to use a different BT ID.

The web interface for managing the app, is not that good.

I do have some help pages for this problem, but I would need to know what you are trying to do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Is this a new registration for this phone, or have you changed the phone, and are trying to register your new phone, or an additional one?

I have upgraded the phone but still have the same phone number

Have you allowed new signups on your manage BT SmartTalk account page?

Yes

Unistalling and re-installing the app can make matters worse, as each time you would need to use a different BT ID

It allowed me to use the same id for the first few checks. What should I do in this case?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

This is a very common problem and you should be able to resolve it by following my help page which you can only access when you are connected to BT Broadband.

BT SmartTalk issues

The online management of this service is not very good, as it does not make it clear that you need to create a new BT ID for each new installation.

0 Ratings