cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Norton Update problems

I should be so lucky.  Won't let me do anything, keeps telling me to update and then won't let me because my missus was the one who phoned BT when we moved to house to change addresses etc.  She doesn't even use computers but according to BT she is the controller.  To be honest I'm near 80 and been using computers since the early 1980s but it doesn't make me any wiser because I just go thru the same routines as I've always done but the companies we deal with keep changing things willy nilly.  I've got a staff member ringing me on Monday to assist and he was a good 'un yesterday.  It's BTs procedures.  A good example this a.m. was seeing that I was using 2 of 11 emails, first thoughts was who is using my emails besides me?  Finally twigged that I can have up to 11 email addresses and I have used up two of them, one of which they've cancelled anyway because it's my wife's and she doesn't use computers, hence the problem of getting Norton to download because they don't want to know me only her.  My problem is that BT won't let me change one line of the ownership i.e. from her name to mine even though my name is on the DDs and everything we've ever bought from BT has been thru my name, not hers.  Good job me and her get on otherwise it would be grounds for divorce.  I'm grey anyway so that's not a problem, just my nerves.  I only want to download Norton as they're telling me but they won't let me.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I'm just following BTs instructions and getting nowhere.  If I delete McAfee before downloading Norton where will that leave me??? It doesn't say delete McAfee first it just says download Norton.   I've copied all my gen to paper from McAfee so I'll give it a whirl.  I was happy with Norton when BT had it originally, I was happy with McAfee and now BT have decided to change things.  It's not me, it's BT.  I upgraded to BT Halo3+ hoping that would sort things out, it didn't but my bills went up.  It's a hard loif.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Im not liking Norton much and wish BT was still using McAfee.

Twice Norton has popped up saying restart PC for update and I restarted laptop the over night.

Also miss not having the McAfee shredder.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

i been with norton by bt for a few 3 days now i don't get this problems i think its best to remove mcfee delete the file after remove too there is norton verson of shedder you can set it to auto

tip on removing mcafee by unstalling it before you download norton and delete the mcafee folder in windows drive file and restart it then download norton by bt and get it to pick up live updates try it 2 times on that to get it fully updated and it will go to auto updates by them