cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Dee
Message 1 of 13

Re: Parental Control not Working

Go to solution

FROM A VERY ANNOYED NEW CUSTOMER.  THIS IS MY LAST RESORT BEFORE I CANCEL WHAT APPEARS TO BE A RUBBISH 'PARENTAL CONTROL' SERVICE...

Brand new BT Infinity 2 Service installed on Wed 28th Jan.  On Fri 30th Jan set router up... logged into bt.com/mybt... first screen showed 'Do you want Parental Controls'  clicked 'Yes please'.  Responding rotating circle stating 'ACTIVATING'.  After a few seconds get standard error message saying 'Sorry, we haven't been able to activate your BT Parental Controls.'

I reported this on Fri 29th Jan... and now it's Thur 5th Feb and still no resolution.  After numerous phone calls to BT Broadband Help and 'Parental Controls' support, with 5 promises that staff will call me back by a specified time/date (5 of 7 failed to do so)... and now escalated to level 3 issue... it is still not working.

Reading e-mails on this forum... looks like the service is fundamentally faulty.

Please advise how you can fix this within 24hrs MAX... or we will cancel our contract on basis BT have failed to provide the services contracted.

Many thanks for all assistance you can render.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Paul_Dee,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your parental controls set up.  I've started your own thread as the previous one has been solved. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Paul_Dee
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

'Sage'... thanks for the feedback.  Happy to confirm BT Technical Support have now fixed their internal server issue and BT Parental Controls are now functional on my router.  Took 7 days to fix from first report... but... glad it's now sorted so the family can now actually use BT Infinity service...

0 Ratings
MsCoCo52
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Am having the same problem, I activated Parental controls through 'My BT' a couple of weeks ago but am getting the message 'Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours. Please log in again later to manage your account.'

I have rung customer service which said it was a problem with their internal server & should be rectified within 48hrs, this was a week ago now & am still unable to use this feature.

Can someone take a look at it please, thanks.

0 Ratings
vj8888
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I am having the same problem - my parental controls are not filtering ANYTHING at all. I must have spent at least 2 hours in total on the phone to various BT help offices over the past few months and in the end they just gave up calling me back. It is absolutely infuriating and due to the lack of controls working, I've now discovered that my 9 year old son has been finding inappropriate material on the web. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BT. I HOLD YOU COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE. You will be able to track on my BT account the number of times I've phoned someone about this. 

Clearly someone on these forums has found a solution - why have you not educated your helpdesk staff so these issues can be sorted out quickly rather than wasting my time waiting for someone on the phone to work it out? In the meantime, I bought my son an ipod for his birthday and within 2 months he has seen something totally inappropriate for his age which would have been filtered out if my controls worked. 

This is on the back of waiting for 4 months for BT to refund 20 pounds to me which was already agreed - I have had to chase this month after month. This too is tracked on my account. Empty promise after empty promise from BT.

Please can someone contact me ASAP.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi vj8888,

I'm really sorry about the problems setting up your parental controls, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked into further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MSE
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

My BT Parental Controls have not worked for 6 months (still have the "will be activated in the next 24 hours screen").  With so many other people writing about the same problem on the forum, surely there should be a fix for everyone or a simple solution that can be undertaken at home.  Really frustrating and seriously considering other providers.

0 Ratings
tonyminides
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I have the same issue. I have contacted support who see to think it works.

The trouble is setting the filter wil block almost anything. Then you have to manage the "off" time so if you want to have two "off" periods, you can't do 2000-0700 for example, it will not work.

I am cancelling... I had enouhg, this is rubbish and the service is rubbish to. I used to get much better service from SKY and Virgin. I should have stayed with them!

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi tonyminides, 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Parental controls and that you are thinking of leaving. 

I would like to take a look into this. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help.

Thanks,

OlgaC

Community ModeratorOlga
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings