Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Re: Parental Controls Not Working

Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue.  30 mins on the phone with two different people (Glasgow and Exeter) after an online chat, and no closer to a solution.  It's been like that for weeks.

Hopefully a call back later tomorrow...

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Go to solution

@James_g1

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @James_g1,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks paddyB. Have done so...

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Just had a call back from someone calling from India. He wanted to "share a screen" with me to check my settings. 

This is most irregular! Surely this just requires remotely resetting the parental controls on my account.  I am not sharing my computer access with someone who calls me.

To say I am disappointed is putting it very mildly. Currently very cross but hoping one of the mods can sort the issue for me like in the other thread. 

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Now sorted. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@James_g1 wrote:

Just had a call back from someone calling from India. He wanted to "share a screen" with me to check my settings. 

This is most irregular! Surely this just requires remotely resetting the parental controls on my account.  I am not sharing my computer access with someone who calls me.

To say I am disappointed is putting it very mildly. Currently very cross but hoping one of the mods can sort the issue for me like in the other thread. 

That was probably a scam, so its just as well you did not allow it. There are lots of these scams.

It is an account issue, and the moderators have sorted it for you.

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It wasn't a scam (subsequently confirmed by the BTCare team on Twitter), but it's surely not good practice and I agree absolutely sounds like one.

I would urge BT to consider a change in practice!

I refused to allow access but on a subsequent call (with a very sensible person!), sent screen shots via email of the absent options.

Anyway - all sorted now.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @James_g1 I called earlier and left a voicemail. Can you check the Parental Controls are now working OK and post back and let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Hi @JohnC2
All sorted on Saturday morning thanks. Been working fine since then. Whoever fixed it in the end - thankyou.
0 Ratings