Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmm
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: Parental controls - "Sorry, something went wrong"

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem. "BT Parental Controls Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." whenever I log in.

Have just spent 20 minutes on hold with BT only to have someone answer and then immediately hang up on me.  I'm very cross about such poor customer service as you can imagine.  Can anyone help me resolve this problem?  It's been this way for months and I need to set these up now.  Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Go to solution

@dmm Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your parental controls and I would like to apologise that your call was disconnected when you contacted the helpdesk.  We'll need to raise a fault with the parental controls team to get that sorted.

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dmm
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Neil,

Have just sent the form in.  Under "What do you need to email us about" I chose My BT as nothing seemed to fit.

Cheers!

0 Ratings
dmm
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Still no resoluton to this problem. 

All I'm getting are occasional placatory phonecalls from BT helpline people but these are rarely at the times that they had agreed to call me and are not helpful.  

Very unhappy that the problem has not been resolved and by the fact that they rarely call me back at the times that they promise. 

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @dmm,

I'm sorry to see this is still ongoing. I've checked and I can see we're waiting on an update from a team who deal specifically with Parental Controls issues. We're hoping for an update on Tuesday.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dmm
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Still no resolution to this problem.

I'm now getting a different error message.  I log in and the system asks me if I want to activate parental controls but when I select yes, it fails and gives the message, "Something's gone wrong and we couldn't turn on your BT Parental Controls. Please try again later."   So soething seems to have been done but it's not worked.

I've been getting phonecalls from BT staff at all sorts of times when I'm not available but they very rarely call at the times promised and /or when I am available.  For example, most recently I had a call from a chap on Thursday evening who promised a call back on Friday evening but then the next call received was Sunday morning when I was unavailable.  They left a message to say they will call back tomorrow (when of course I'll most likely be at work).

Now thoroughly unimpressed and fed up with this terrible customer service from BT.  Perhaps naively I expected a reasonably professional response and a reasonably rapid resolution from such a long established company.  More fool me so far...  Can anyone assist?  Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @dmm

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry that this problem has been going on for so long.  I can see my colleague sent you an email about this a few days ago.  Can you reply directly to him to progress things faster that way?

Thanks

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings