cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Register for community WiFi

Hi all 

I've recently joined and I've downloaded the bt WiFi app but it won't let me sign in and use bt WiFi as apparently I have to join the WiFi community and share ... The link just sends me to the sales page so I can't get to the registering for it part! Can anyone help please as all I get is a sales page 

Many thanks 

Justin 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Register for community WiFi

You should use the MyBT App not the BTWifi app. The BTWifi app is to log you on to the BTWif hotspots not this forum.

Having said that you are probably best to tog onto the forum using a browser using this link. BT Forum  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi, the my bt app just comes up with a sorry connection error when I try to sign in .. I'll give it another go later thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Are you now a BT Retail broadband customer?  If so you need to use your BTID and password to login to BTWIFI app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Sorry, I mis read your post.

If you want to use the BTWifi app to log onto BTWifi Hotspots you need to use your BTID user name and password to log on. Your BTID should preferably be an email username.

You should use the BT Broadband user when logging on 

see links

What is BT Wi-fi and how do I get it? | BT Help

What's my BT Wi-fi password or username? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi, when I try to login it says .... To get your free unlimited WiFi you need to go online and be part of our bt WiFi community... Then the link takes me to buy broadband or upgrade ( and I'm logged in ) 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to remove the post as it doesn't seem a common problem I have ... I'm trying to log in and it's asking me to agree to join a service ... I need to show pics to explain as it is my log in and it recognises me but sends me a link to agree to the service but the link is to buy products .... It doesn't seem anyone has seen this so going to give up 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

It is assumed that if you are at home you will be using your home broadband wireless connection. If you want to use the BTWifi connection, you need to disconnect from your home BT Broadband connection.

Once you have done that in order to connect to a BTWifi hotspot, you need to find the BTWifi connection in your wireless connections then connect to it in the usual way that you would set up a wireless connection. ie click on BTWifi in the available wifi connections, it should bring up a landing page. Select the "Already a customer" at the top of the page then follow the prompts.

If using a mobile device you should download the BTWifi app and fill in the user details etc and follow the prompts.