I am trying to stop the BT Wifi (the hotspot) from my homehub 6.
This has been on-going since november, and it's still not resolved.
Things I have tried :-
1) Opted out of BT wifi from the Extras option via the web. Waited a 2 weeks, and then contacted support who said it could take 28 days.
2) Contacted BT support via online chat in January as things still hadn't changed, and they said it would be turned off in 4 hours. Waited a week and still no change.
3) Contacted BT Support again and they said "I was opted in and it would take 24 for the opt out to go through, but do not worry it would be ok". I was still showing as opted out via the BT Extras web page.
4) Contacted BT via telephone (UK this time) who had to ask several people and after being on the call for over half an hour was given another number to call. This number didn't work.
5) Contacted BT again via web chat and explained everything and there must be a technical issue. I was told there was an issue which was now solved and wait for 4 hours. Again this didn't work.
6) Opted back in to BT wifi via the web page, waited 4 days and Opted back out. Now 3 days after that it still hasn't changed.
One strange thing is that when I sign into the BT webpage and view package, it says 2 out of 7 extras active.
Then when i click View Extras, it says I have 1 out 7 active.
So possbly this is one for the Mods?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I think to have covered all of the options that I mentioned on this page.
I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.
Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!
I'm sorry you've been having so many problems opting out of BT Wifi with Fon being broadcast from your Hub. The process really shouldn't be that difficult although it can take up to 28 days as you've been previously told.
Send us over your details and we'll get this sorted out for you. Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.
Unfortunately this issue is still ongoing. BTWifi with fon and BT WIFI X are both still on.
The team did contact me last month and say it could take upto 28 days, but that has now past.
Any chance a mod could take another look please?
@Venom I'm sorry this is still not sorted. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get back on this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.
Thank you for sending in your details. I'm really disappointed to see that the BT Wifi is still showing as active on your BT Home Hub. I've raised this with my colleagues in the BT Wifi team and I've asked them to investigate. I'll get back to you as soon as I've had a reply.
I have this exact problem. I cant seem to get it turned off. Can someone advise me how to do it on BT Hub 6? I really need this thing gone.
Is there setting on the hub that I can change to get rid of it ?
Can any mods help? @RobbieMac by any chance? Thanks
Thanks in advance.