cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Remove SmartTalk User

I have just been to the online Manage SmartTalk area and have noted that my phone is registered 3 times. This may have been when I upgraded and then after a reinstall due to a faulty phone [all Android]. There seems to be an option to block users but none to remove users. How do I do this please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Remove SmartTalk User

Hi MagicCottage, 

Thanks for your post. Sorry no-one has posted back to help out with this yet. 

When you go to manage your Smart Talk service so you see a tick box beside "remove user"? If this is not visible can you let me know.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Taggman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Had to pick this post up as it is an issue with me. There is NO option to remove a user from Smart Talk on the MyBT site. I have looked an my account under the Smart Talk section and there are two users, my wife and myself. I cannot remove either one only BLOCK them.

I need to remove my registered device so that I can reinstall the Smart Talk app, if I cannot do this the app will not install - it states that my phone is already a registered devise. The real annoying part is BT advice on their site and in their letters blithly talk about removing users as though it was a simple action. So how does one simply remove a registered user and then re-register the same user?

I have just written to BT asking the same thing after spending over 50 minutes being passed from pillar to post by their customer care people.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Each registration needs a new BT ID, even if its the same phone number. The existing entry has to be blocked first, then a new BT ID created.

Old disabled entries eventually get deleted automatically, once the mobile phone is registered to a new BT ID.

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Didn't realise I was still subscribed to this thread but didn't realise Smart Talk was still going! I sort of thought in these days of Wi-Fi calling etc that it would die off although I suppose to be fair Wi-Fi calling isn't available to all. But the thing that kills this app as far as I'm concerned is is calls out only and no SMS. Also with the mobile package I have is just not worth using a landline, so I couldn't connect to smart talk even if I wanted to. 

0 Ratings
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I am usng a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini which is 100% perfect for my needs and saves me carrying a 'brick' of a phone around with me. No, it does not have WiFi Calling but I don't really want to pay £600 to upgrade to a new S8 and would not need to if only BT would get their act together regarding my SmartTalk registration Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Wezzy1958
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I can't believe it but the MyBT website still has exactly the same problem after more than 2 years!! I am having the same problem as described in this post and the proposed solution does not work. My phone had to be reset and I am being told there is a problem as the service is already registered to the device.... you would think it would be a five-minute task to rectify but sadly not!!

There is a check box to remove user (I am the only one) but the save button does not work once ticked. I have tried this on several different devices including Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers and so it must be a problem with MyBT.

I contacted BT to have this service removed a couple of days ago and was told it was done and to check back... still not deleted and so I have no confidence it has been done and still cannot use the service.... anyway, what type of computer system nowadays takes over three days to update!! Think I am being told bulls*** by the 'helpdesk' as usual 😞

Please sort this out BT!

bt.com schreenshot

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8