Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 16

Remove a device from my BT Virus Protect account

Go to solution

Top to the morning ya'all BT Community 😋,

Right I've just put my PC on and BT Virus Protect is saying this "Your software is about to deactivate! (underneath) Reactivate now for uninterrupted protection -- or if you're already using all your licenses, buy McAfee subscription and reinstall your software." 

Now last night I'd refresh (clean install) Windows 10 because Windows Update wasn't installing properly but all now fixed. I need either a MOD or ADMIN to remove that device so I can use the same name on my BT Virus Protect account.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Remove a device from my BT Virus Protect account

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous, You can remove the device yourself, here's how to manage your licences.

1. Once you've logged in to My BT, scroll down and click on the Manage your Security link

2. Click on the "Manage BT Virus Protect" icon.

4. Click the tab showing the computer you want to deselect. Each licence will have a tab

Select computer

5. Click Deactivate. By deactivating you're freeing up a licence so that you can install BT Virus Protect on a new PC.

Click deactivate
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hello @NeilO,

I've already done this and reinstalled the anti-virus, but the anti-virus thinks that I haven't got a subscription. Any ideas? 

Oh by the way I did get in-touch with McAfee and they had told me that I would need to call BT to wipe that device from my account, shall & I do this or isn't this possible?

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Also forgot to tell you that I want the same name as before showing on my account, so could this be also another why @NeilO?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

BTVPL-1.jpg
BTVPL-2.jpg

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO,

Basically before I refresh (clean install) my Windows 10 onto my PC, I already deactivated it as you can see in picture 1. Picture 2 only happened after the clean install of Windows 10. 

Also @NeilO McAfee told me this:

"I understand Ryan but we do not have access to your subscription related information. I am certain that the BT support team will be able to help you, as they have a dedicated support team to work with BT-Virus Protect Plus issues. We would request you to seek assistance from the BT support team.Please contact BT support on “0800 800 150”,"0800 111 4567". You can call either of these numbers and you will be routed to a voice recognition system where you will need to say the key word *BT-Virus Protect Plus*,which will help you get connected to them."

"I really wish I could help You Ryan but only the dedicated department of BT has access to Your Mcafee related details. The 2 phone numbers are : “0800 800 150”,"0800 111 4567"."

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@Anonymous Many thanks for providing the info and screenshots, what happens if you click on reactivate?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

No worries @NeilO 😄 and nothing mate BT Virus Protect is still doing the same thing.

BTVPL-1.jpg

BTVPL-2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@Anonymous I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we can raise a case with McAfee to get that looked into. We're really busy in the mod team at the moment so it will take us longer than normal to reply.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hello again @NeilO,

I'll reply back to your PM right away. Thank you 👍.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings