Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magpie03
Expert
Message 1 of 18

Removing BT FON (So Difficult)

Go to solution
Really hope I can get some help on here as I have tried all suggested solutions and can't get BT WIFI FON to stop broadcasting from my router.
I have tried the opting out from my BT extras and still it won't remove even after leaving it.
I then went to the page to check my status and opt out that way but it won't let login, so frustrating this to remove something that is not wanted.
Could anyone advise or please help me get this sorted as I seem to have tried all suggestions on here.
Thank you
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Removing BT FON (So Difficult)

Go to solution

try opting back in the wait 24hrs then opt back outand see it that works  it can take as long as 30 days to happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, I seen that suggestion a while back and tried it and still nothing changed.
I don't know if the by WiFi page where you can check your status would work but it's impossible to login.
I don't want to have to use a different router to solve this just wish it was a simple on off setting.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

The link doesn't work, I'm not sure if it's a link to the my by extras and opt out there but I have tried that.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@magpie03 wrote:

The link doesn't work, I'm not sure if it's a link to the my by extras and opt out there but I have tried that.

Thanks for the reply!

Try the link again, as I have corrected it.

Opt in, wait 24 hours then opt out again. That should initiate a command to send a value change to your home hub to disable BT Wifi.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Link works now thanks.

It was already turned off and had been for a while that's why I'm confused as to why it's still showing from my router unless there is another seeing I'm missing somewhere.

I have tried the leaving it in for 24 hours before and then opting out, I had seen someone else suggest that but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Appreciate you trying to help!

0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@magpie03 The problem here could be due to BT "back-office" configuration, where MyBT is not linked to BT Fon Opt-out page. I had this problem about 1.5 years ago and Mods fixed it they also advised me that this was the problem. Now I can Opt -In/ Out within 48 hours. This is particularly useful when the Hub has to be Factory Reset for various reasons and it goes to default of being Opted in.

Now I use this link to Opt-in/ Out,  https://my.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btwifi&utm_source=ATL&utm_medium=FURL&utm_cont...

Regardless whether your status says Opt in or Opt out. I then wait for a welcome email for being part of BT Fon community. I wait 24 hours and then Opt out. The hub disables BT Fon usually at the next TR69 event.

Also with the above link you can test whether MyBT is linked to BT Fon, because if you Opt out using this link and then log into MyBT and check status it should say Opted out and this is almost instantaneous.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Try the opt in and opt out process.

If you ever do a factory reset of the home hub, then BT Wifi will be activated again, as its the default setting, so you may need to repeat the process again.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

@Dippuwrote:

@magpie03 The problem here could be due to BT "back-office" configuration, where MyBT is not linked to BT Fon Opt-out page. I had this problem about 1.5 years ago and Mods fixed it they also advised me that this was the problem. Now I can Opt -In/ Out within 48 hours. This is particularly useful when the Hub has to be Factory Reset for various reasons and it goes to default of being Opted in.

Now I use this link to Opt-in/ Out,  https://my.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btwifi&utm_source=ATL&utm_medium=FURL&utm_cont...

Regardless whether your status says Opt in or Opt out. I then wait for a welcome email for being part of BT Fon community. I wait 24 hours and then Opt out. The hub disables BT Fon usually at the next TR69 event.

Also with the above link you can test whether MyBT is linked to BT Fon, because if you Opt out using this link and then log into MyBT and check status it should say Opted out and this is almost instantaneous.

I can't seem to login into that link you provided, I tried with my bt I'd but it's not recognised despite that being the only one I use. 

Is there any other way I can check my status on there?

I have no confidence in the opt in and then back at working as it didn't last time 🙁

0 Ratings